Thursday, June 17, 2010

Alex's Acoustic Picks: Infamous Stringdusters Stringdusters Live at The Station Inn on 2006-10-31


This set from Archive.org is how I first heard about the Infamous Stringdusters who have recently been getting a lot of press. About a month ago I was learning Deep Elem Blues for an epic good friend of mine and employee of the Omega Institute in upstate NY. I was looking for some good versions on Archive and I came across this one with some great Dobro. After I had fallen in love with the show, I started hearing about them left and right. I plan on catching them at Brooklyn Bowl in August.

This show The band is dressed as Bele Fleck's Drive and during the banter when they were referering to each other as Bela and Sam I thought it was actually them. The Stringdusters are all accomplished bluegrass players themselves.

Lineup

Bela Fleck (Chris Pandolfi) - Banjo
Sam Bush (Jesse Cobb) - Mandolin
Tony Rice (Chris Eldridge) - Guitar
Stuart Duncan (Jeremy Garrett) - Fiddle
Jerry Douglas (Andy Hall) - Dobro
plus very special guests....
Kenny Rogers (Travis Book) - Bass
(subbing for Mark Schatz)
Phantom Of The Opry (Bryn Davies) - Bass

No comments: