Tuesday, July 15, 2008

re: Umphrey's McGee & STS9 Summer Tour

For those of you who don't know, Umphrey's McGee and Sound Tribe Sector 9 just kicked off their big Summer tour together. I've got my tickets for Cincinnati and just bought my tickets for both shows in Chicago this Saturday. If all goes as planned, we'll be able to catch the tour tonight in Cincinnati, Thursday in Columbus, Friday in Indianapolis, and Saturday in Chicago. Maybe I'll even learn how to liveblog this week, though probably not.

For those of you who are still on the fence, check out one of the latest entries in Umphrey's own blog "The Floor":
"In the spirit of pure, unadulterated ambition, [we] felt it was time to switch gears from our normal lighting rig and seek out the newest and truest technology out there. In a twist of fate, our lighting vendor just so happened to buy a bunch of brand new lights...I won't give anything away, but they are brighter, faster, and have many more options than our previous moving lights and are sure to compliment STS9's brilliant light rig. We are also travelling with some huge surprises for our headlining gigs that are sure to drop some jaws and create applause. Bottom line: we are PSYCHED to throw a futuristic rock show with a hint of old school on a much larger stage than we are typically use to."
I will probably be returning tomorrow with a full review, unless of course the show is so good that I suddenly become inspired to hit up the Richmond, Virginia show on Wednesday as well. Here's some videos to get you as hyped as I am. The show's aren't for another 10 hours and I can barely sit still!

Umphrey's McGee: Nothing too Fancy > Divisions 08/31/07



STS9: Lo Swaga

No comments: