Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Phish Reunion Rumors


I just can't believe how fast the rumor originally posted at Jamtopia that "Phish is definitely reuniting and there will be a new Phish album produced by Steve Lillywhite" is spreading across the web. In case you haven't been following, the rumor has been re-reported in Billboard and Music Radar, not to mention every single music blog out there (at this rate there will be more bloggers on Phish tour next time around than passed out wookies).

My thoughts: if the current rumors were not true, someone would have denied it by now. Maybe the original Jamtopia post was below the Phish organization's radar, but Billboard certainly is not. Same with Lillywhite: members of the press have tried to contact him and are probably still trying to contact him - this could all be laid to rest with a denial but so far neither party has issued any sort of denial and there is no logical explanation that I can think of other than the rumors being true. I admit I may be rationalizing this because I want it to be true, but maybe not. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

Tango_Alpha said...

I heard that Subway fired Jarod and will be hiring Phish to replace him as their spokesmen. Subway's new slogan will be...

"I saw YOU, with a Chicken Sub in your hand"