Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Live Earth...


The highly anticipated lineup for the U.S. leg of the global Live Earth concerts that will take place 7/7/07 at Giants Stadium, New Jersey, was released today.


Personally, I think that Gore should take a hint from Nancy Pelosi and just hire the "your house band" to headline the events, or at least make them interesting. I am about as excited for this Al Gore-creation as I was for his movie. At first I thought that there was a actually a chance that the movie could actually be more exciting than the concert! Though with Bon Jovi, Fall Out Boy, and Kelly Clarkson headlining the event, clearly I have been proven wrong. If you didn't pick up the sarcasm, redirect here.

But seriously, other than the possibility of Roger Waters opening the show with the entirety of Dark Side with a Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-1,000,000) transition into the entirety of The Wall (meaning that there would not be enough time for the other performers) my expectations for this show are pretty low.

Maybe the Smashing Pumpkins will surprise everyone and rock out the way they did between Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie, though the half-of-the-original-band reunion never seems to go too well.

Maybe the Police will rock, though I am unwilling to make any predictions/opinions about this until I have the chance to see them at Bonnaroo.

One interesting tidbit is that the concerts will be streamed live at LiveEarth.MSN.com.

No comments: